As soon as I noticed that making a public “goal of the year” seemed to work, I started to think about what the goal for 2020 would be.
Yes, it is finally done and publicly released. And by public release, I mean that I have made a nice little banner for it on the right side and posted links to it on Reddit.
In my effort to understand the file formats for Dune I have dived into the binary code for it and this has lead to me find that I was not fully correct about the HSQ compression.
This is probably the last post about my Boulder Blaster project this year. I’m not done yet, but I have gotten very close. I might get some time to complete it during the holidays, so I can’t say if I failed or succeeded in reaching my goal of making a game this year just yet.
A Windows thumbnail handler for LEGO Digital Designer (LXF) files. As previously written, I would like to write about all my Github projects on this blog, so with this, here is my second post in this series.
It has been a busy summer for me, but not because I been busy working with the Boulder Blaster project. Other projects and interests have stolen my time.
I promised myself when I started this blog that I would introduce all my GitHub project here. And the first one out is the project with the smallest target audience, a project for creating sorting lists for LUGBULK orders.
The logical start of exploring the Dune resource files is to understand how they are compressed. In the era of floppy disks every byte was important, so it is not surprising that we’ll need to run the files through a decompressing algorithm before we can analyze them further.
Lovely lovely tests. In my previous post about Boulder Blaster, I mentioned that I wanted to add tests to the code base. Tests that will check that my code behaves as I want it to.
Today I can present to you what I would like to call the first iteration of my game concept. You can check it out on CodePen.